Chocolate brownie + granola bar.
It just happened.
And it is fabulous!
This is a dense bar that’s perfect for an active day on the slopes, snack attack in the kids’ lunchbox, and a long day’s work in need of an afternoon pick-me-up! Loaded with mineral rich cacao powder, blood sugar stabilizing dates & oats, full spectrum amino acid hemp hearts, extra protein in almond butter and chopped almonds, and intensified in taste by dried cranberries and shredded coconut, I’m not convinced that this bar is missing anything! Except maybe some warm bellies 😋
no refined sugar,
no confusing food labels.
Use real food & feel real good!
You will love these, I am so super sure.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE GRANOLA BROWNIES
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Category: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Snacks, Healthy Treat, Kid Approved
Serving: 12 medium sized bars
2/3 cup medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup almond butter, smooth or crunchy
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 1/2 cups oats
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup hemp hearts
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup melted chocolate
2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a medium glass dish with parchment - mine is 11 x 7”.
2. In a food processor, combine dates, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla, until well combined. Add oats, cacao powder, and salt, and process until just combined. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
3. Add hemp hearts, cranberries, chocolate chips, and coconut, and stir together with a wooden spoon. Transfer mixture to your lined pan and press with wet hands to evenly distribute.
4. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until edges brown slightly. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
5. Once mostly cooled, drizzle melted chocolate over top and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Transfer brownies to the fridge to solidify before cutting into squares. Keep refrigerated.